Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Yet Another Empowering Experience Brought to You by Your Loving Boyfriend



Win takes incredible photographs. Before coming to Thailand, we made a joint investment in a digital SLR. It wasn’t the most expensive one on the market, but it has proven itself to be a worthy purchase. It is wonderful traveling with a boyfriend who not only loves taking pictures, but also has such a remarkable eye for it. It is, in a word, intimidating. I love playing with the camera, but I never feel like my pictures are up to snuff. (Although in the past couple month, more and more of my pictures have snuck their way into Win’s albums.)



Win is always encouraging me to go ahead and take over on camera duty, but sometimes I feel that it’s best to just leave it to him. However, since he had not only been to Angkor Wat before, but already has numerous pictures of it, I was given three days of full camera privileges. 




And what a three days it was. We scampered, climbed, and explored ruins overrun by the ferocity of mother nature. Trees, vines, and roots pushed and pulled at the temple walls, greenery making the most of any foothold. When all was said and done, we ended up with almost 1500 pictures (digital is such a blessing), which we whittled down to 200. And I’d say that my pictures aren’t half bad. Now we just have to decide who gets to play with the camera when we go out.